Colegio de San Bedawas founded by Spanish Benedictine monks from the Abbey of Montserrat who had come to the Philippines in 1895 to work as missionaries in Surigao. Aftertheir imprisonment by Filipino revolutionaries in 1899, the monks came to Manila and decided to go into education. The school opened on June 1 7, 1901 in a two-stored building on Arlegui Street, with 212 students. Under an agreemenl signed in 1906, the University of Santo Tomas recognized the courses offered by the school. In 1910 the Colegio was granted government recognition, In 1918, it was officially renamed San Beda College.
Located in Northern Mindanao, Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan, one of the leading academic institutions in Mindanao, celebrates the spirit of learning, scholarship and community service as it commemorates its 75th anniversary (diamond jubilee).
The UP Official Seal - the bird depicted in the logo of the University of the Philippines is an eagle. Its widespread wings symbolize the vision of the university to be a center of academic freedom. It also represents the UP students who are trained to offer their lives in the service of the Filipino people.
The National Teachers College was officially incorporated on September 29, 1928. The Founders were Dr. Segundo M. Infantado, Sr. and Dr. Flora A. Ylagan. The exemplary lives they led, their teachings and ideals, inspired NTC graduates in making their Alma Mater the venerable institution of learning for educators that it is today.